See also – Lone Oak Access Statement – for the ground floor holiday cottage’s details about the accessibility of accommodation here at Clanville Manor.
The Tallet Access Statement
Please contact Sally for any more details you may need.
The Tallet self-catering cottage has a narrow stone staircase and both bedrooms and the bathroom are on the first floor.
- We have a comprehensive website www.clanvillemanor.co.uk with photos, detailed directions and a map, online availability and booking
- The Tallet is located at the end of a quarter mile concrete drive, accessed from the B3153 across a cattle grid. This is wide enough (9ft/2.75m) for a car but you may need to open the (heavy) farm gate for access by a van or truck. Our location is not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- We encourage you to buy local food when you are staying on a self-catering holiday at Clanville Manor. Before your visit you may like to order food from – our local Farmers Market web site – this carries a very wide range of items and the prices are competitive.
- Online supermarket delivery is also possible but please time this for after your arrival.
- The nearest shops, pubs and restaurants are approximately 2 miles away. The B3153 on which our entrance is located does not have pavements and we cannot recommend walking along it especially in the dark.
- The nearest bus stop is in Clanville about 300m from the end of our drive. Buses run infrequently; routes can planned using the website www.traveline.info before your visit.
- The nearest railway station is Castle Cary, 1 mile away. Taxis are usually available at the station but we can provide details of taxi companies for you to book in advance if required. (Approx £5 fare). In an emergency we can arrange to pick you up from the station.
- We have 3 cats. We do not accept guests’ pets. Our pets are not allowed in The Tallet. Assistance dogs can be accommodated if informed at the time of booking.
- Information can be provided in large print if required. We do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website www.clanvillemanor.co.uk provides photos of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone, text or e-mail. Please see the ‘Contact Information’ section of this document for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- The Tallet is available from 3pm on the day of your arrival. Check out on departure is 10am.
- Earlier arrival may be possible if we are phoned the day before during the ‘low’ season if we have no-one staying the night before. This is rarely the case in the summer holidays and your cottage will not be available until 3pm.
- The guests’ car park for The Tallet is behind the farmhouse. Signs are provided to direct guests. If you are likely to need help opening the car park gate, please let me know in advance so that I can look out for you.
- Smoking is strictly not allowed in any accommodation-there are mains powered linked smoke alarms that will all sound if anyone smokes in any room or tampers with the alarms. Smoking is permitted in the back garden only.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good and we have free Wi-Fi access through a filtered provider in The Tallet.
Contact: Information for Sally Snook
Address: Clanville Manor, Clanville, Castle Cary, Somerset BA7 7PJ.
Telephone: 01963 350124
Mobile Phone: for calls and text messages 07966 512732
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
GPS: 51’05’45.55 N 2’32’46. 52 W
Grid Reference: ST 6133
Both cottages are open all year